Friday, March 12, 2010

Challenge Accepted

A little more than two hours ago, my best friend, Keira, and I went to visit our old high school and, seeing as we only graduated last May, not much had changed. That turned out to be more pleasant than dull, though, as we were able to pay a visit to our old English teacher, Mr. Zawada (I suppose I'm taking some liberties using your real name, but I'm not planning on posting anything about the omicide-hay or the immigration trouble, so rest easy). There was some discussion about college and careers and I had to make the unfortunate admission that I'm not really sure what I'm going to college for or what I hope to be doing in a few years. I mentioned my interest in English and history, but was quickly reminded that those are painfully broad fields. True enough. And, admittedly, I need to hone my skills in writing if I want to have any sort of success in those fields. We got to talking about blogging as a way to not only practice writing, but to share your thoughts and views with the world, provided you get past the initial awkwardness of actually telling people about your blog and having your writing scrutinized by them. The conversation ended with him issuing a mutual challenge to himself and to me to start our own blogs, then send each other the links. So with each other and Keira as readers, we're up to two followers already. Start strong. As you can see, Zawada, your challenge has been accepted. I'll hope to hear from you soon.
As for the title, I've discovered that staring at an internet page for fifteen minutes does not produce a sudden inspiration when trying to name your new blog. If anyone understands the reference, please let me know. Otherwise, just think of it as a metaphor for life. The pizza is the good part, the wasps are the nasty surprises. Deep stuff, man.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Keira. I figured if you didn't then no one would.

    ReplyDelete